In order to borrow books, you have to be registerred in REX. If you do not already have a REX user, you can follow this guide to set one up >>
- During the office hours, feel free to just talk to the staff, and we will register your loan right away.
- You are also welcome to use our self service form on the shelves in front of the entrance. Here, write the barcode of the book, your name, your REX user email, and the date, and we will register the loan when we have time.
You can borrow books from our collection as well as from other libraries across the world. The lending period will vary depending on this.
Regarding books from the NBI collection
- Lending period is for 1 month with the possibility of extending the loan 2 times.
- It may be possible to borrow the book for longer periods, e.g. while working on a project or taking courses; talk to the staff.
- At the end of the lending period, you will receive an notice from The Royal Library.
- It will trigger a fine to return the book after the last day of your loan, but you can before the return date request an extension of the loan per email.
- If we, and The Royal Library, do not hear from you at all, you will receive a claim for compensation with a bill for a new book. This is payed to The Royal Library.
Regarding books from other libraries
- Lending period is for 1 month.
- At the end of the period, you will receive an email from the Niels Bohr Library.
- It is important that you return the book in time.
- If we do not hear from you at all, you will receive a claim for compensation with the bill for a new book. This is payed to the Niels Bohr Library.
Most people return their books during the office hours, where we can personally assist them. Otherwise, you are also always welcome to just use our return box which you will find in the library hallway.